TOP 5 THINGS YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR IN A DUI INJURY LAWYER
If you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving accident, you need to hire a reputable DUI injury lawyer without any delay. Time is key here, especially because your attorney will need time to collect all the relevant information to represent you. With a decision as important as this, how can you choose the right lawyer—fast?
1. Find a Lawyer You Can Trust – Unless you have put the word out that you are looking out for a lawyer, it is not at all advisable that you hire a lawyer whose firm or agent contacts you first. And do not hire a lawyer who promises you money or any valuables in exchange for letting them handle your case.
2. Your Lawyer Must be a State Bar Member – Make sure that your attorney is a state bar association member with a solid reputation. You can verify your lawyer’s standing at your state bar’s website. Attorney Chanco has a good standing with the Georgia State Bar.
3. Your Attorney Must Have a High Avvo Rating – At Avvo, attorneys are evaluated by clients and fellow lawyers who attest to their professionalism. Avvo uses a combination of three different ratings – the Avvo Rating, Client Ratings, and Peer Endorsements. Prospective clients can use this information to compare the accomplishments of each attorney to see which one best fits their case and needs. Attorney Chanco has an Avvo rating of 9.6 out of 10!
4. Published Profile on Super Lawyers – Super Lawyers is a renowned platform with a multi-phased selection process that establishes a lawyer’s professional standing. The evaluation for lawyer ratings is based on independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations. Only 5% of all attorneys per state are selected, which means if you have an attorney with a profile on Super Lawyers, it’s a big plus. Our attorneys are Super Lawyers.
5. The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers – Membership into The National Trial Lawyers, which is a list for the Top 100 Trial Lawyers, is only given to a select few who are highly qualified and exemplify top leadership, and professional stature. Attorney Chanco is on the Top 40 Trial Lawyer list.
There are several points that you may come up with when looking for a trusted lawyer. Some of these may be based on your experience with lawyers in the past. While these may count, you must certainly consider the ratings for lawyers on well-known platforms as these are based on thorough scrutiny of each qualified lawyer’s professionalism and achievements. Call Attorney Douglas Chanco, your Georgia Injury Lawyer at (404) 842-0909.