If you were injured on a bus or train in Atlanta here is some important information you need to know.
Thousands of people use the buses and trains of Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA), CCT, and Gwinnett County Transit everyday. Unfortunately, many injuries also occur.
Some ways injuries can occur are:
- You were in a vehicle which was involved in an accident with a MARTA or other mass transit owned vehicle.
- You were injured at a mass transit facility.
- You were a passenger in a MARTA or other mass transit vehicle that was in an accident.
- You suffered an injury while boarding or getting off a MARTA or other mass transit vehicle.
- You fell and were injured because the vehicle stopped abruptly.
- You were assaulted by a fellow passenger and security failed to do its job.
MARTA is a government agency and the claim process is different than that of commercial companies, and there are different procedures involved. Also you will need to hurry to demand preservation of evidence like surveillance videos. This is why you must contact an experienced injury lawyer who knows how to deal with MARTA cases. Not every injury lawyer knows how this process works. Don’t jeopardize your case by contacting an inexperienced lawyer.